It is of the utmost importance to apply for the necessary licensing…

Licenses, Registration, Permits and Other Requirements
Many states within the U.S. require that one apply for a general Business License prior to opening their company. There are also other requirements and permits that are needed if you intend to open a special company, such as a restaurant, law office, tax firm, etc.

Trademarks and Service Marks

A U.S. trademark is a name which is given to a specific product and belongs to a specific supplier.

A service mark is similar to a trademark and its purpose is to help to identify a particular product when comparing similar products.

When you register for a trademark or a patent, it is important to make sure that what is registered pertains to the principle purpose of the product.

It is important to note that the trademark, patent, etc., is only valid in the country that it is registered.

It is also important to know the difference between a ® and ™

The ® symbol means that it is recognized as an official registered item with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

The ™ symbol represents the Common Law Registration, which offers limited protection for the owner.

A Copyright gives the holder, ownership over the particular item. As such, the owner is able to acquire royalties for the purchase or use of their item. Some examples of products that may be copyrighted are; books, content, technical formulas, and computer programs. Copyrighted material can only be used with the owner’s permission to do so.

You can apply for a copyright by sending your application to the U.S. Copyright Office, if you have further inquiries you should contact them directly.

Contact us to discuss,
how to protect your trademark.

[contact-form-7 id=”1086″ title=”Contact Us Form”]