Visa Waiver Program

When considering the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), there is no need to obtain a visa if you comply with the requirements below and are from one of the following countries:

Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovenia, Singapore, Spain


You qualify for the Visa Waiver Program if:

You are a tourist or on a business trip and:

  1. You do not intend to work in the U.S., regardless as to whether you are paid or not. This includes internships and Au Pair programs.
  2. You do not plan to visit a university or any other type of school in the U.S.
  3. You have not been previously denied entrance in to the U.S.
  4. You have not been convicted of a crime, and you are not under the influence of drugs.
  5. You do not have a serious contagious disease, psychological ailment, or an addiction to drugs.
  6. You were not associated with the National Socialist Regime.
  7. You were not a part of a terrorist act or a terrorist organization.

You do not plan to remain in the U.S. for more than 90 days.

You can provide an arriving and departing plane ticket, one in which the final destination is not Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean.

You possess a valid passport that is bourdeaux-colored, machine readable, and is valid through the end of your planned trip.

  1. Preliminary machine readable passports will also be accepted. Family members who travel with you on the Visa Waiver Program must also have their own passports, including infants and children.

You need to keep the green I-94W form until the end of your trip.
Furthermore, nowadays, you need to register online before you begin the trip.

I-94 W Documents

Before arriving in the U.S. foreign citizens (with the exception of Canadians and those who possess a valid Green Card) without a non-immigrant visa, who meet the requirements for the Visa Waiver Program, must register online. Previously, you had to complete the so called I-94W.

Every passenger on a flight must have completed that form online and all questions must be answered

If you have to go through Immigration and Customs, but you are only in the U.S. as a part of a connecting flight, then make sure to write IN TRANSIT TO (and then the city and country to which you are traveling).

You can see a copy of the former I-94W form by filling out our contact form and requesting one.

Read this form thoroughly.

Should you answer a question with “YES”, you may be refused entrance into the U.S. While there are various waivers, they must be applied for before your arrival.

We would be happy to assist you with applying for a waiver. If you would like to do so, then please contact us.

You are welcome to contact us via e-mail if you are unsure as to whether or not you should answer a particular question with “YES”.